Sunday, December 8, 2013
Start time 6:30 AM
|Entry Fees for 2013 Marathon
|December 4 thru February 28
|February 29 thru June 27
|June 28 thru August 22
|August 23 thru October 24
|Oct 25 thru Dec 1
|Race Week (incl Expo)
Marathon Course Map
- CLICK HERE to view the updated route!
Start Line Location
- Flagler Dr at Banyan St
Finish Line Location
- Flagler Dr at Clematis St
- Waterfront Commons
Participant bib numbers and event packets can be picked up at the Publix Health & Fitness Expo, located at the Harriet Himmel Theater at CityPlace.
Dates for pickup: Friday and Saturday, December 6 from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. and December 7 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Harriet Himmel Theater at CityPlace
600 S. Rosemary Avenue
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
ALL Full Marathon participants MUST pick up their packets at this location!
There will be NO event day registration or packet pickup, and packets will NOT be mailed!
Mile Markers & Split Times
Each mile marker will have a large clock displaying the "gun time" of the event.
Event Status System
An Event Status System will be displayed at each mile marker indicating the status of the race based on the current course and weather conditions:
- "Normal" - Good conditions; runners/walkers should be alert and enjoy the race.
- "Caution" - Less than ideal conditions; runners/walkers should slow down and drink plenty of water.
- "Dangerous" - Potentially dangerous conditions;
• Heat - Runners/walkers should slow down and drink plenty of water.
• Lighting/Hail/Tornado - Runners/walkers should take cover at the closet shelter until the course is reopened.
Timing of the event has stopped and no awards will be given out at this time. Medical remains in place on the course.
- "Cancelled" - Extreme dangerous conditions; Event cancelled, participation stopped - runners/walkers should stop, seek shelter and follow instructions from race staff, volunteers, and public safety officials.
There will be water and isotonic sports drink at locations along the course and at the start/finish. All Aid Stations on the course will have portable toilets located nearby.
Portable toilets will be added in locations throughout the course. The portable toilets will be located near each aid station.
For your safety and for the timely reopen of the streets to vehicular traffic, you must reach key locations by specified times or you will be required to take transportation provided.
• Partial lane closures will utilized. Please stay inside the cones and obey all public safety officers and course marshals.
PLEASE DO NOT START EARLY! Traffic and safety rules prohibit eary starts. Early starters will be eliminated from the Official Results.
SAG Wagon (support) and Back of the Pack Crew
The Back of the Pack Crew and SAG Wagon will signify the end of the field and the maximum 16-minute per mile pace. They will not start timing until the last person crosses the start line and will be with you throughout the race. If you cannot keep the pace, the Crew will help you as you board the SAG Wagon. If you cannot maintain a 16-minute per mile paec, you will be required to board the support buses.
Awards & Medals
All participants that complete the marathon race at the Palm Beaches Marathon will receive a unique spinning finisher's medal.
All age group award medals will be distributed from the Results Tent at the finish line on race day - so don't forget to stop by, get your official finishing time and check if you won an award!
Custom designed award medals will be awarded three (3) deep in each of the below age group for both males and females:
Age Group Breakdown
Please note that all age group awards are based on chip time, NOT gun time. However Open winners and course records will be determined according to gun time.